Friday, November 15, 2013

Those moments...

Do you ever have those moments that remind you what's important??  I had one of those today.  I have a feeling most of you can relate to me with this, but I have a tendency to allow trivial things upset me or get me down.  I also sometimes focus more on the negative than I do on the positive.  And then I have one of those moments… these moments that I call a "life check."  I just happened to stubble upon a movie while looking for Christmas movies on Netflix today (Yes, I know it is November).  I came across this movie called "The Heart of Christmas."  This movie tells the true story of a family who has a child with leukemia who they believe will not make it until Christmas, I'll stop there to not give too much of the story away.  After watching this it reminded me that the trivial things in life that I focus on is not what God has for me or any of us.  Each of these things steal our joy and as Scripture states, "The joy of the Lord is your strength" (Nehemiah 8:10).  So rather than focusing on what is upsetting me or the negative things in life I want to focus on the joys in life.  I want to cherish every moment of my life with those I love, because no matter how hard life may be at times, there is always JOY.

2 comments:

Doug said...

What great perspective. Our being here is temporal and I know sometimes it is easy to get stuck on the here and now as it relates to our day. One fact remains; days come and go but God is the rock that we can stand on through the all.

Merry Christmas!

The Spotted Chick said...

So true! It's people like YOU who remind us of what's truly important. Thank you for being YOU!